How to Submit Your Work
Thank you for your interest in Portraits South. We continually seek talented artists in the field of portraiture and sculpture and welcome the opportunity to become acquainted with your work.
Portraits South represents a carefully selected group of about 100 portrait painters and a few sculptors, encompassing a wide range of styles and interpretations. The company arranges commissions for private individuals, often of children, and corporate commissions for businesses and institutions. We have more than 30 years of experience in matching clients to appropriate artists. Despite the regionalistic nature of our name, Portraits South has sales associates across the country and represents artists worldwide.
We look for work that meets our standards of excellence in draftsmanship and composition. We consider expanding our collection of artists when we feel a style, interpretation, qualifications, and price would appeal to our clientele.
To submit your work for review, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A digital portfolio containing 8-12 images of your best and most recent portrait commissions. Images should be sized in a way that enables you to email the entire portfolio. List title, medium and size of each portrait. Only images in jpg or pdf format will be opened.
- Current price list.
- A detailed description of how you proceed with a commission.
- Short biographical sketch.
- At least three reference photographs for portraits in the portfolio.
- Any awards, additional representation and/or other important information.
The review process takes about 1-2 months. If we think your work might appeal to our clientele, we will contact you with more details about our organization. We appreciate your interest in Portraits South and look forward to seeing your work.
We will continue to accept portfolios mailed to our office. Portfolios mailed must contain an addressed, postage paid envelope so they may be returned.